Confidence is something we all wish we had more of. To have high levels of confidence means we move through our days with that added glow. Our relationships seem better, work seems smoother, and overall, our life can seem that little bit easier. Confidence, like many other attributes, is something that can be cultivated and increased over time.
We all know people who seem naturally confident. Although some people do possess naturally high levels of confidence, there is nothing to stop us from increasing our own confidence, enabling us to achieve our goals and interact with others more productively.
Speaking positively to yourself and being mindful of your thoughts is a great way to increase confidence. When we replace negative thoughts with more positive and encouraging ones, we are able to manifest big changes in our lives. Never underestimate the power of changing your mindset.
How can I use positive affirmations?
- Write out the statements in your journal, daily if possible.
- Read them aloud and feel the energy behind the words.
- Say them to yourself in front of a mirror. This is really powerful!
- Change your phone background or computer desktop to include affirmations.
- Place post-it notes in places you will regularly see them.
Positive affirmations offer a simple but effective way of increasing confidence. Use the following affirmations on a regular basis to increase feelings of self-worth and self-esteem.
The first step is removing any blocks which may prevent you from feeling confident:
Affirmations for removing blocks to confidence
- I willingly release anything that no longer serves me.
- I remove doubt and fear from my mind.
- I let go of any tension or self-doubt.
- I release critical thoughts with ease.
- I choose to focus on love rather than fear.
- I completely trust the process.
- I am willing to accept support when I need it.
- I allow myself to feel all my emotions.
- I remove any barriers to my happiness.
- I am worthy of success.
- I am always enough.
- I deserve to be happy and confident.
- I realize my own power.
- I inhale confidence and exhale fear.
- I know that every experience is a valuable lesson.
- I release the need to be approved by others.
- I deserve to create my dream life.
- I surrender and trust that I will be guided.
- I release any negative thoughts.
- I am always learning and growing.
The second step (once limiting beliefs have been challenged) is increasing feelings of confidence:
Affirmations for increasing confidence levels
- I am naturally confident.
- My levels of confidence increase every day.
- I see myself as a confident and charismatic person.
- I radiate confidence and determination.
- I am confident in myself and my abilities.
- I trust in myself.
- I know I am capable of achieving my goals.
- I am calm and self-assured.
- I am naturally charismatic.
- I am a powerful being who radiates confidence.
- I am magnetic and attract my manifestations with ease.
- I am determined and driven.
- I fully believe in myself.
- I am proud of the person I am.
- I prioritize my self-care.
- I spend time with people who respect me.
- I take inspired action towards my dreams.
- I am capable of anything I put my mind to.
- I can and I will.
- I am confident in my thoughts and decisions.
Confidence is a trait which can be moulded and increased, just like any other skill. Affirmations offer a useful tool to help increase confidence. The first step is to remove blocks to confidence by challenging limiting thoughts. The second step is to increase feelings of confidence through bold and powerful statements.