We all know that a breakup can be hard. It’s never easy to say goodbye, and when we’re hurting it’s difficult to have the bravery necessary to heal and move on. Using positive affirmations after a breakup is a great way to start feeling like yourself again. In this article we will introduce you to some powerful breakup affirmations and helpful tips to help you through this difficult time.
Going through a breakup is never easy…
What do you do when you find yourself experiencing the end of a relationship?
Do you get angry or sad and find yourself reflecting on the past and what went wrong? Or do you ignore your feelings and pretend everything is okay?
Breakups are never easy, and they can be really hard to process. If things are very fresh right now, then it’s important that you feel all of your feelings. But know that there is hope…
As more time passes, the pain will begin to ease. We’ve all been through it before – maybe not with our significant other but with friends or family we care about.
It’s tough at first, but after a while, things begin to feel normal again. You’ll be surprised at how quickly you adapt to your new life and eventually you’ll begin to feel optimistic about the future.
Things to remember when you’re going through a break up…
- Be gentle with yourself! This is a difficult time and the last thing you need is to be critical of yourself. Make sure you prioritize self-care and making time to do the things that make you feel good.
- Release the need to be perfect or have everything figured out. During this time, everything can feel pretty overwhelming. Don’t try to make plans for the future or map out your next steps. Your focus should be on healing and processing everything that’s happened.
- Give yourself time and space to heal. Although it can be tempting to stay in contact with your ex, it is really important to give yourself time and space away from them. This is the best way to help clear your mind rather than prolonging the heartbreak you’ll eventually feel.
- Turn your focus inward, away from the person who hurt you. It can be really tempting to focus on your ex and everything they did wrong, but this isn’t the time for criticism. The most effective thing you can do is turn your attention inwards and promote inner healing.
- Take care of your physical needs first, like eating well and getting enough sleep. This seems obvious, but self-care can quickly be forgotten when going through heartbreak. Make sure you are taking care of yourself.
Feel free to use the ones that resonate and leave the ones that don’t. You can even include them with your own statements if you’d like to learn how to write your own affirmations.
The important part of using affirmation is repetition. Once you have found the best affirmations for you, make sure you refer to them regularly.
Make a list of your favorite ones and place them somewhere important. If you aren’t too sure how many affirmations to work with, start small and build your way up.
Powerful Breakup Affirmations
- I give myself permission to feel all my feelings.
- I forgive and release the past.
- My heart is healing every day.
- I release any resentment or anger from my body.
- I am grateful for the opportunity to grow.
- My emotional wounds are healing.
- I forgive myself.
- I fully love and accept myself.
- My future is looking brighter every day.
- I release the need for control.
- I trust that everything will work out for my highest good.
- Everything is going to be ok.
- I create space for my emotions.
- I am grateful for the support that surrounds me.
- My mind is open to new possibilities.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- I know I am going to get through this.
- Self love and compassion are qualities I cultivate.
- I know I will meet the right person at the right time.
- I am naturally strong and resilient.
- Everything is unfolding for my highest potential.
- I believe in myself and my ability to heal.
Affirmations for Heartbreak
- I am capable of amazing growth.
- This phase of my life is temporary.
- I allow myself to let go.
- All of my feelings are valid and it’s safe to feel them.
- I will get through this.
- I am thankful for supportive relationships.
- My heart grows stronger with every day that passes.
- I see this experience as supportive of my highest good.
- I let go of blame and focus on healing.
- The Universe supports me as I make positive changes.
- Everything will be okay in the end.
Other useful tools to help you through a breakup
Using positive affirmations during a breakup is an excellent way to become more accepting of your thoughts and feelings. There are also lots of other practices you can incorporate into your daily routine to help you begin to feel better:
- Begin a journaling practice. There are so many different forms of journaling, including bullet journaling, using premade journals, or even digital journals. They all have one thing in common – they help you make sense of what you’re experiencing. Studies show that journaling is a highly effective tool for mental health, so choose one that works for you and see how it helps.
- Get moving. Physical exercise helps release stress, encourages endorphins, and lowers cortisol. There are so many different ways to move your body, so choose something that you enjoy. Perhaps try gentle yoga, or an outdoor walk if you aren’t sure where to start. Even 20 minutes can have a positive impact.
- Talk to your loved ones. Support from family and/or friends is vital during this difficult time. Consider talking to someone you trust about what you are experiencing. You can meet in person, or even talk over the phone. You can also seek professional advice during this time. Check your local area for fully qualified health professionals who might be able to help you process difficult feelings.
- Focus on a new project. If you find yourself with lots of spare time, it might be a good idea to start a new hobby or project. Maybe there’s a local class you’ve wanted to try for a while or even an online course that looks interesting. A little distraction can really help your mood, as well as help build confidence as you learn new skills.
Going through a breakup is never easy, but it can be a highly transformative experience once you’ve had time to process it. Use these breakup affirmations to allow your heart to heal and get you through this difficult time. Remember to be kind to yourself and allow yourself to feel all of your feelings. Have you considered using affirmations during difficult times? I’d love to know your thoughts!