Your mind is a powerful thing. You can either learn to harness your mindset to create a better life for yourself, or let negative thoughts take over and stop you from realizing your full potential. If you aren’t happy with your current reality, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll explore 55 effective positive affirmations for shifting to your desired reality.
If you have a health condition or diagnosis, then seek support from a registered professional. This information is not a substitute for professional mental health care, and if you are suffering from a condition, it’s important that you seek the right support.
Are thoughts really that powerful?
You may have heard of the Law of Attraction, which has exploded in popularity in recent years. The basic premise is that your thoughts become things. Change your thoughts, change your life, right?
It’s not that simple. You can’t think your way to a better life. We have thousands of thoughts every single day, most of them in the subconscious part of our brain. It would be impossible, not to mention exhausting, to monitor every single thought.
What is easier to monitor, however, is general groups of thoughts, or thinking patterns. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy identifies different distortions (unhelpful ways of thinking) that can have a negative impact on your life.
One of these ways of thinking is called ‘all or nothing thinking’, or ‘black and white thinking’. This is when we think in extremes, and label ourselves either ‘good’ or ‘bad’, ‘perfect’ or a ‘failure’.
You might tell yourself that your life isn’t good or fulfilling because of one negative thing, when in reality, there are lots of positive things you could focus on.
It can be difficult to get out of negative ways of thinking, but there are ways in which you can improve your mindset and help create a better reality for yourself…
What is my desired reality?
You may hear this phrase a lot, but wonder what it actually means. Your desired reality represents everything you wish your life to be. It is your dream life, and includes everything you hope for.
Your current life might not reflect your desired reality, and that’s okay. It takes time, patience, persistence, and lots of effort to create your dream life.
The first step in beginning to shift your reality is to get clear on where you’re currently at, and where you’d like to be.
Here are 10 journal prompts designed to help you get clear on what you want, and identify what’s currently not fulfilling you.
- How would you rate your current levels of life happiness on a scale of 1-10? (1 being the lowest and 10 being the highest)
- In what areas of your life do you currently feel satisfied?
- What makes these areas of life so fulfilling?
- In what areas of your life do you feel unsatisfied?
- What makes these areas of life so unfulfilling?
- Do you feel like you are living up to your full potential? Why/why not?
- What would you like to include more of in your life?
- What’s the biggest thing holding you back from creating a better life for yourself?
- What is within your power to change to make your life more satisfying?
- What help or support do you need in order to make positive changes?
Take your time with these journal prompts. The more you reflect, the clearer you will feel about creating your desired reality.
How can affirmations for shifting my reality help?
Positive affirmations are an effective tool for challenging unhelpful ways of thinking.
A positive affirmation is a statement, usually written in the first person present tense, that reinforces a helpful, encouraging, or inspirational message.
If you notice yourself in a negative thinking spiral, an affirmation can help lift you out of this state of mind and help you feel more motivated.
Let’s say you notice yourself thinking something unhelpful, such as ‘My life is unfulfilling and I am not happy.’
It’s natural that if you focus on this message, you will feel pretty demotivated and upset. You might begin to notice all the things that are wrong with your life, and how this affects you.
This is where introducing an affirmation can have a positive effect.
What if you decided to focus on the statement: ‘I am willing to see the positives in my life, and I accept my emotions without judgment.’
By repeating this affirmation on a regular basis, you can help shift your focus and improve your mindset.
Affirmations for shifting your reality aren’t the complete solution, and they do require a lot of repetition and consistency. Know that with time, you can begin to completely overhaul your mindset.
Affirmations for shifting your reality
Here are 55 powerful positive affirmations for shifting to your desired reality. Make a note of your favorite ones, and don’t worry if some don’t resonate.
It’s important that the affirmations you choose make you feel good, and don’t cause any resistance or confusion. The statements need to be believable for you, so don’t choose the ones that seem too far out of reach.
It can be confusing to know how many affirmations you should work with. The best way is to start with a few, then gradually build up to include more statements.
Enjoy the process of beginning to shift to your desired reality!
Affirmations for shifting
- I am ready to make positive and lasting changes.
- I believe in my ability to enhance my life.
- My life deserves to be joyful and fulfilling.
- I am willing to shift my reality.
- I am ready to let go of the past and move forward.
- Every day is one step closer to my dream life.
- I know I have the power to transform myself.
- I motivate myself every day to make positive changes.
- Every day in every way, I move closer to my goals.
- I release resistance and fear.
- Hope guides me towards a better life.
Affirmations for inspiration
- I deserve to be happy!
- I can achieve amazing things when I put my mind to it.
- Motivation flows to me every day.
- I am closer than I realize.
- I follow my intuition and take inspired action.
- My energy levels are high.
- I believe in myself and my abilities.
- I know I deserve the best in life.
- Every day I make amazing progress.
- I am excited about all the opportunities coming my way.
- I am strong, resilient, and motivated.
Affirmations getting clear on your dreams
- I know what I want and I am unapologetic.
- I am guided towards my dream life.
- My vision is clear and I focus on it every day.
- I am taking positive steps towards a better life.
- I have everything I need within me to shift my reality.
- Every day I shift closer towards my dreams.
- I focus on my vision and let fear fade away.
- I support others in following their dreams.
- It is okay for me to change my mind and find a new vision.
- I am in the process of creating a wonderful life for myself.
- It is my time to shine brightly.
Affirmations for rapid change
- I welcome rapid positive changes into my life.
- I am ready to uplevel in every single way.
- I’m so proud of myself for making positive changes.
- I see change as exciting and necessary.
- I trust my journey.
- Success and joy are just around the corner for me.
- I am open to whatever serves my highest good.
- My life is beautiful and I am so grateful.
- I have faith in my vision.
- I am willing to transform my life right now.
- Who knows what wonderful things are waiting for me!
More affirmations for shifting your reality
- I am entirely confident in shifting my reality.
- I already have everything I need within me to change.
- My mind is focused and my intentions are clear.
- I am courageous and ready to make changes.
- I have the necessary power to grow and evolve.
- Opportunities effortlessly find their way to me.
- I see the beauty that surrounds me every day.
- Others support my journey and I am grateful for their help.
- No one can stop me from blooming into my full potential
- Life is a wonderful gift and I make the most of every day.
- It is my time to shift my reality!
Final thoughts on affirmations for shifting
Shifting from your current reality to your desired reality is completely possible. Use these affirmations to help motivate and inspire you, alongside taking inspired action every single day. Begin to recognize negative thought patterns and choose to replace them with inspirational and encouraging thoughts. You can do this!